What does water damage clean up include?
Water Damage Cleanup includes:
- Water extraction, if needed
- Moving and blocking up furniture, as needed
- Application of a safe deodorizer and disinfectant to inhibit bacterial growth and mildew in carpets, drywall and other building materials
- Set up of drying equipment
- Monitoring of drying equipment and drying process. Thorough drying typically takes 3-4 days, but can take longer
- Processing of paperwork for insurance company and owners, which includes daily pictures and moisture reports
We do everything including carpet water damage restoration, ceiling water damage restoration and water removal to ensure that our customers are one hundred percent satisfied every time. When it comes to delivering great customer service, we understand that it takes more than just hard work and plenty of relevant experience. We are #heretohelp
Call us (516)742-1008
Mold of any kind is considered a problem
When you find mold in your home it's cause for concern. Mold of any kind is considered a problem and something you should deal with right away. When homeowners find mold in their homes and report it to their insurance company, the process is often called "mold damage restoration." This is the process of restoring your property to its condition pre-mold.
There are certain things that must be done to make sure the mold damage is truly repaired and you won't have a problem in the future. Here are a few:
- Identify the location: where is does the mold originate? Is it growing somewhere you can't see?
- Find out if it is dangerous. Testing the area where mold is growing is a necessary step to restoring your property and easing your mind.
- Call us to clean it well. Small areas of mold can usually be cleaned by the homeowner with a disinfectant. But if it's more than 10 square feet, you should consider hiring professional help.
We specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup
Flood on basement . Fast response to flooded basement is essential to avoid mold and health hazards.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Mineola basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 516-742-1008
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of New Hyde Park/Mineola and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 516-742-1008
Follow this steps if you suspect you have mold at your home or business.
Fast mold remediation at home or business. Mold on walls, on floors, roof or basement.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO ofNew Hyde Park/Mineolafor mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of New Hyde Park/Mineola specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold,Call Us Today –516-742-1008
Pumping out basements
Pumping out water from basement
While Sandy is fresh in the mind of every American, it's far from the first storm to cause flooding in basements in our Country. Losing electrical power can lead to basement flooding if your sump pump only uses electricity. That increases your chance of damaged stored items and mold growth. Plus, staying warm becomes a challenge as the temperature drops and you can't turn on your heater.
"If you don't have any power in your house and you have water in the basement, you shouldn't be in the house," says the Fire Department Chief, who says safety is the foremost issue.
If your basement is flooded with water from the storm, the first order of business is drying it out.
Don't go in the basement if it floods and you have power.
Once you're ready to tackle the basement, it's time to call us (516) 742-1008.
When damage strikes, be ready! Install the SERVPRO App
Commercial business flood water carpet drying restoration
SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
Get a Free Emergency Ready Preparedness Kit:
Call (516) 742-1008
Don't risk demolition of your property after fire.
Clean up Fire damage
Sometimes we think that we can save money by doing remediation or restoration work from a fire without contacting SERVPRO. This is a big mistake. Lets look at this case.
"They treat me as if I've done nothing," says homeowner facing city-ordered demolition.
Mr.Farden, 68, said that since the fire city officials determined the house was 80 percent damaged. He's spent about $10,000 to buy building supplies and fix up his house. "I've done a lot of work on that house to clean it up, and they treat me as if I've done nothing," he said.
At SERVPRO of New Hyde Park / Mineola, we understand the frustration. We hear it every time in fire/water emergencies. We have specialized equipment, specific training, and certifications that allow us restore your home to pre-fire condition.
What happened to Mr.Farden?
A judge ordered that the house be demolished. Workers have been removing asbestos from the house, and the city has requested bids for the demolition.
Don't wait, calling will save you stress and money.
I have mold in my house,what does it mean?
Mold on house kitchen
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 516-742-1008
I have smoke damage in my house after a fire.
Soot damage after fire
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of New Hyde Park/Mineola will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 516-742-1008
Restoring Commercial Properties
Water damage at commercial building warehouse
Flooding and water damage events commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of New Hyde Park/Mineola - 516-742-1008
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property http://www.SERVPROnewhydeparkmineola.com