If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (516) 742-1008

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold after a Storm

When the power goes off for several days in hot, humid climates, it is difficult to avoid a mold explosion. Molds produce spores that spread easily through the air and form new mold growths (colonies) under the right conditions: moisture, nutrients (nearly anything organic) and a place to grow. Mold growth is common after storms that cause water damage. The damage can be caused by winds and blowing rain or by flooding. Mold can damage your home, your possessions and your health. The longer you allow mold to grow, the greater the risk and the harder the cleanup. So as soon as it is safe to return home, begin cleaning up and drying.